Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

11 Inaccurate Stereotypes about Lesbians

All Lesbians…

  1. HATE MEN - My best friend is a man. Coincidentally, my dad is also a man. I'm quite fond of men. Just because we don't want to sleep with you doesn't mean we hate you.
  2. WANT TO BE MEN - Transgenders may desire a physical change in gender to match their emotional/psychological gender. This, however, is a different subject all together.
  3. WERE MOLESTED AS CHILDREN - No legitimate scientific study has linked homosexuality to childhood sexual abuse…EVER.
  4. WEAR FLANNELS - Okay, I do wear flannels. However, they aren't oversized ones that I tuck into a pair of baggy carpenter jeans and sport with brown work boots.
  5. HAVE SHORT HAIR - Again, this one I am guilty of. The sad part is, I wanted my hair short so that men would stop presuming that I was a straight, single female that wanted them to grab my ass and grind on me anytime I went out to a dance club. And boys, for the record,  I'm willing to bet this tactic doesn't sit well with straight women either. Actually, I know a lot of lesbians who did the short hair cut just to keep men from sexually harassing them. It's not a full proof system, but it makes a guy think twice before making an ass out of himself.
  6. PLAY SOFTBALL - Theresa actually asked me how many 'points' you get if you hit the ball over a fence when we went to watch one of my nephews baseball games.
  7. DRINK BUD LITE - Sick.
  8. TRY TO TURN ALL WOMEN INTO LESBIANS - This one always cracks me up. Having a fear that someone may 'turn' you gay just means that you're probably dealing with some confusion about your own sexuality and you're looking for an easy out.
  9. KNOW OF EVERY OTHER LESBIAN IN THE WORLD - Random Person : "So, you're a lesbian?"    Me : "Yep"    Random Person : "Then you probably know this girl I graduated with. She was a big lesbian."    Me : "Amazing."
  10. GROW UP TO BE GYM TEACHERS and/or COACHES - Believe it or not, we work EVERYWHERE. Sometimes we even wear disguises like long hair and eye makeup.
  11. STARTED DATING WOMEN BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T FIND THE RIGHT GUY - If I'm straight and only search in the US, I have roughly 147 million men to work with. The lesbian population in the united states is about 2% of that number. Now, I'm not a genius when it comes to math, but it's quite clear to me that the odds aren't exactly working for you by 'deciding' to become a lesbian.

1 comment: